Jumbo Offshore has recently been awarded a contract by Yunnneg Wind Power Co., Ltd. (YWPC) for the removal of monopiles at the Yunlin Offshore Wind Farm. The contract award represents an expansion of the company’s existing scope, which has involved transport and installation of the project’s transition pieces.
Van Oord has been contracted for the construction of the Baltica 2 Offshore Wind Farm, developed by Ørsted and PGE. The wind farm is located 40 kilometers offshore in the Polish area of the Baltic Sea. Van Oord will transport and install 111 extended monopiles, of which 107 will serve as foundations for wind turbines and the other 4 as foundations for offshore substations.
Discover the partnership between Mercator Ocean International and Ocean Energy Europe (OEE), renewing their commitment to leverage Copernicus Marine Service data for advancing ocean energy. Uncover the strategic role of Copernicus, Europe’s earth observation program, in providing indispensable data for tidal stream, wave, and other ocean energy technologies.
Minesto, leading ocean energy developer, today announces that a key milestone has been reached: The utility-scale tidal powerplant Dragon 12 - rated at 1.2 MW - has been successfully commissioned and, in the early morning of February 9, delivered its first electricity to the national grid in the Faroe Islands.
DNV, an independent energy expert and assurance provider, has published a substantial revision to the ‘go-to standard’, DNV-ST-N001, for the design and planning of marine operations for the transport, installation and removal of offshore wind farms, subsea cables and oil and gas assets.
US Forged Rings Inc. (USFR) announces a $700M investment in the U.S. offshore wind industry to construct a state-of-the-art tower fabrication facility and a steel forging plant.
TotalEnergies and Vantage Drilling International have signed a binding agreement to create a new joint venture (JV) that will acquire from Vantage the Tungsten Explorer drillship. Pursuant to the terms of the agreement, TotalEnergies will pay $199 million for a 75% interest in the JV owning the rig, with Vantage owning the remaining 25%. Leveraging on Vantage’s deep offshore drilling experience and longstanding collaboration with TotalEnergies, the JV will contract Vantage to operate the Tungsten Explorer for 10 years.